Saturday 22 September 2012

... and then there was light...

I have had the thought 'this is random' so many times since I moved to what even us Irish term as 'the sticks' that I realised I needed a better way to catalogue this life change of mine, other than the dusty caverns of my somewhat lacking mind!

And what was this life change I hear asked? Well now, there's a few stories and a half! To sum up... I have moved around a bit. Originally from Ireland, (the north for those of you keeping track), then to Scotland and mostly lived in the main cities and a few of what at the time I considered to be small towns. By small towns think... 40,000 people, a university and actual coffee shops (oh my!).

Five years ago I met Himself. Now, at that stage Himself was just another him. But, as these things happen, Himself wound me around his little finger and made me realise that I actually wanted to think further into the future than my next JD. Anyone wondering who or what JD is needs to move away from the screen 'cause lets face it folks we aren't going to relate ;).

So.. Himself and I, a year ago, decided that we had 'had it' with city life. Not Edinburgh, Belfast, Glasgow, Manchester nor London would ever tempt us... and so the life in Cumbria began.

These days, (for the last year), I live in a house with a stunning view out of my back door, in a village of no more than fifteen, (yes I said one-five, Fifteen), houses with Doggit and Himself. I am now Mrs Himself and with all these changes now is the time folks, for me to put pen to paper so to speak. 

Here is the step-by-step blog that reveals all the ups, downs, rights (on the wing) and the utterly random moments I stumble over as I stumble over them! Just to please those wanting to visit my new frontier... I'll even throw in some reviews and pics of places I find along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment